I'm back!! Wedding is over, Holidays have past, and now it's time to focus! I'm going to make this short and sweet, just like my recipe :) Because come on, who has the time to read more than 5 sentences these days?! My first post is this healthy, delicious and quick breakfast I created one morning in a rush. The quinoa flakes really changed the sometimes rough consistency of old fashioned oats and made it super creamy! I think its my new favorite breakfast. Change up the fruit, nuts and flavors, to your liking!
- 1/4 cup of Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/4 cup quinoa flakes
- 1/2 cup of berries, or fruit of choice
- 3/4 cup of water
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp of toasted walnuts
- 1/4 cup of almond milk, or your choice of milk
- Drizzle of honey- optional
1. Pour oatmeal, quinoa, salt and water into a microwave safe bowl, Cook for about 2 minutes. Keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't over flow. It should look like it needs some more liquid, add the almond milk and stir until smooth. Add the berries, walnuts and honey and enjoy!